Dental and Vision Insurance
Dental insurance covers routine cleanings and major services (crowns, root canals, etc.).
- It’s important to maintain dental coverage, as there can be a 1 year waiting period if you go without coverage.
- Cost is minimal, generally $35-50 per month for dental (per individual).
- IHS offers plans through Delta Dental.
(Learn more about Delta Dental)
Vision insurance covers an annual vision exam and lenses/frames every two years.
- Cost is minimal, generally $10-15 per month for vision (per individual).
- IHS offers plans through VSP Individual Vision Plans
(Enroll with VSP)
- When traveling outside the United States, it’s wise to purchase travel insurance.
- The policy covers expenses such as: trip cancellation or interruption, travel delays, injury or illness, medical bills and adventure sports.
- Plans are available for individuals, families, study abroad students and senior citizens.
- Costs are inexpensive and determined by length of stay, country and amount of coverage.
- Contact IHS 30 days prior to leaving on a trip.
- IHS offers plans through several providers.